"Do You Need A Website?"
More Canadians than ever are using the Internet to find information,
products and services (especially Canadian) as it is convenient and saves
time. Having a website is becoming so mainstream the general public almost
expect a company to have a website. People are now saying, "I think
they have a website, I'll check that out first." Using the Internet
as a marketing tool is a wise business decision regardless of the size
of your company. Consider the following if you are sitting on the fence
about getting your business online.
kind of information a potential customer gets when he/she enters your
office, spa, heath centre, bookstore, etc.?
Perhaps your customer can...
- Feel the spirit and energy of you and your business
- Read the sign stating the hours of operation (or holiday hours)
- Pick up a business card with your full business name, mailing address,
fax and phone numbers
- Read a brochure about your company's history, products/services, mission
- Look at photos of the owners/employees
- Read notices on a bulletin board
- Get Information about affiliates, partners or suppliers
- Learn of the charities or non profit organizations you help
- Admire award plaques, trophies, and customer "Thank You"
notes or testimonials
- See how staff interacts with customers
- Learn methods of payment
- Pick up a catalogue, schedule an appointment, ask questions, meet
A website provides the experience of visiting your business in person.
You need a website for the potential customer who...
- Saw your ad in Balanced Life, was intrigued, but wants more information
- Doesn't or can't drop by
- Is visiting your town/city and wants to drop by when on vacation
- Is new to the area and looking for a new practitioner or shop
- Learn of specials you may be offering your clients/general public
- See new products or services you are offering
- Wants to know if you are open on Sundays
- Doesn't know your location(s), phone number(s)
- Needs to know about parking/public transit/handicapped accessibility
- Wants to gain product/service information before making a decision
- Wants to know if you offer more than one type of service/see your
full product line
- Wants to provide feedback to you about your products/services
- Wants to comparison shop before making a commitment
- Has time to browse now: at midnight on the Sunday of a long weekend
or after the kids have gone to bed
- Wants to know that your business is professional, up-to-date, credible
and will have a level of confidence and trust in your service and product
- Wants to know that you are interested in catering to his/her needs
at his/her convenience
How many potential customers might be swayed if they could learn a little
more about you, your company, your products, etc., without having to phone
or taking the time to meet with you in person? A website makes it easy
for customers to learn more about your business at their own pace.
Future articles in Balanced Life will go more into the nuts and bolts
of getting your website up and what to do once you have it up. For more
information please contact us… at your convenience!
For more information, please contact Susan Chepelsky
Sue Studios Holistic Web Design and Universal Healing Network